Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tanzania Tuesdays!

After much grief given by my friends, I am finally posting again. I promise to be more diligent as the trip nears!

Almost every Tuesday in my class ("almost" being the key word here) I share a fact about Tanzania with my students. So far we've learned that...
-Mt. Kilimanjaro is the tallest free standing mountain, standing at 19,340 feet
-Tanzania is the 31st largest country in the world
-East African food is influenced by British, Indian, and Asian cuisine (I even promised we'd try some Tanzanian food before I left for my trip! Not sure who's going to lead us in the cooking, though...)
-Education in Tanzania is much different than in America! We compared the length of schooling in both areas, talked about why it might be different, and why more people go to higher levels in America than in Tanzania. They really got into this discussion, so proud of their curious minds!

(Thanks mom for catching my typo!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment