Friday, March 20, 2009

Fundraising Update

March 20, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

After only two months of fundraising I have almost reached half my goal of $3500. Thank you so much to those who have contributed to the fund! Tim Heindl, with Christ Church Pensacola, has graciously offered to continue accepting donations until the departure date.

I will be leaving on June 13th and after a 20+ hour flight I will arrive ready, albeit jet-lagged, for orientation on the 15th. As soon as there are enough funds for a round-trip ticket (for some reason, my parents aren't thrilled with me solely buying a one-way) I will set the return date and make the purchase! Once I reach Kilimanjaro airport someone will be waiting to take me to Arusha where I will receive assignment for living and working arrangements.

The address for fundraising checks is:
Christ Church Pensacola
Attn: Tim Heindl
PO Box 12684
Pensacola, FL 32591

Please make the check out to Christ Church and write "Kimberly Stumpf's Africa Fund" on the memo line. Again, in the very fortunate event that my fundraising goal is exceeded, the extra money will be donated to the school at which I am working.

Be sure to check my blog at http://kimstumpfafrica.blogspot.com/. Although current posts are few, my goal is to keep it updated throughout my preparations for and during this adventure.

Thank you again for all your support!

Asante sana,

Kimberly Stumpf

No comments:

Post a Comment